- Nature of their job:
Who is a Staff Nurse and what do they do?
The actual meaning of the word nurse is the act of breastfeeding. Nurse is considered as a next mother. A nurse is a medical expert who treats the people facing chronicle conditions. They offer professional care to the patients under the direction of the physician. Generally, this profession is mostly dominated by the females. They offer heath care services to the patients like other health care professionals. They conduct tests and offer basic treatment for the patients. They advise and give moral support to the patient and their parents. In general, they work for hospitals, physician’s office and ambulance. Clinical and non clinical functions are performed by nurses and in some cases, they handles life-threatening issues. The Staff Nurse Job Description presents appropriate information on the activities performed by them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The crucial activities performed by the staff nurse are to offer medications, administer injections and treat patients.
- They assist at the time of diagnostic testing and the results are also analyzed by him.
- Patient symptoms and their health history are registered by them.
- They must make sure that the patients are given appropriate medications on time.
- They must have immense knowledge on the medical equipments used in hospitals and should use them perfectly.
- They must be flexible and ready to work in shifts.
- In addition to medical background, they must have effective communication skills so that they can interact with patients and their families effectively.
- Educational Qualification
The Qualifications and Expertise required by a Staff Nurse
Listed below are some of the basic qualifications and also other mandatory requirements to become a Staff Nurse,
- They must acquire a Bachelor’s or Master’s or post-graduate qualification.
- It is mandatory to undergo basic training in nursing and must meet the local and national requirements.
Skills required by a Health Staff Nurse
- They must manage stress effectively.
- They must have problem solving skills.
- They must be self motivated.
- They must be ready to work in diverse environments.
- He should be a good listener and must communicate effectively.
- They must be familiar with the medical terminology.
- They must be able to instruct.
- They must respond appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Career Growth
What kinds of job prospects available for Staff Nurse?
The one who is has master’s degree in nursing can apply to certification programs related to leadership that are offered by American Organization of Nurse Executives. They can move to higher positions such as vocational nurses, registered nurses or advanced practical nurses. According to the BLS reports it is estimated that there will be 22 percent increase in the job market in this field.